Disable Windows Defender, Windows Defender Firewall, Windows Update on Windows 10
Windows defender is a default antivirus software that already exists when we install the Windows 10 Operating System. To deal with malware, viruses, worms and the like. Although Windows Defender is quite good and reliable, there are also conditions where we want to temporarily or even permanently turn off Windows Defender. Here is how to disable windows defender.
Disable Windows Defender
- Open the Windows Security menu, to open it, type it in the search bar
- After it appears, then select Virus & Threat Protection in the Windows Security section
- After that a display like the image below will appear, then select Virus & threat protection settings
- Then disable real-time protection by turning it on to off as shown in the picture
- Then Windows Defender is no longer active.
To activate it again, you only need to do the same steps as described above, but don’t forget in section no.4 to change the real-time protection from off to on.
Disable Windows Defender Firewall
Understanding Windows Firewall itself is an application or software provided by Windows that serves to provide protection to the computer system itself. The protection is in the form of detection of a network, whether the network is safe or not. If the network is deemed safe, the Windows Firewall will automatically allow it. On the other hand, if the network is deemed unsafe, it will be blocked by the firewall. Because all communication networks must pass through the fire wall, the firewall functions are as follows:
- The firewall only allows authorized traffic or traffic that has been authorized by the Administrator.
- Firewall as a controller, oversees the flow of data flowing in the network.
- Firewall regulates, filters and controls data traffic that is allowed to access protected private networks
Maybe there is a condition or circumstances where we want to turn off the firewall for certain purposes. Here is how to disable Windows Defender Firewall.
- Open Control Panel
- After entering the control panel then click System and Security
- Select Windows Defender Firewall
- On the left side bar select Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off
- In the customization, select turn off in private network settings and public network settings
- Then select ok to save changes
Disable Windows Update
Windows update is a service to provide the latest features and updates of the Windows operating system and its components provided by Microsoft. This service does a great job of fixing existing bugs, improving performance, and even adding new features. However, it is not uncommon for Windows Update to cause crashes on the Operating System due to new applications or features that are not compatible with existing hardware. Of course these things must be prevented, to prevent this, we turn off the windows update. There are many ways to turn off the Windows Update service. One of them uses the disable feature found in the control panel. This method is quite easy because there are not many commands to do. Here is how to disable Windows Update.
- Open Control Panel
- Then select system and security
- After entering the system and security menu then find and select Administrative Tools
- After opening the Administrative Tool menu, then
- Look for the menu named Windows Update and then double click it to enter Windows Update Properties
- If it is already open, then you only need to change the Startup Type option to disabled and click the stop button on the service status option
This article has been published in Indonesian here